TMJ Treatment in Brandon, Flowood & Jackson, MS
End jaw pain for good.
The Winning Smile Dental Group takes a comprehensive approach to treating TMJ disorder and is always accepting new patients.
Are you suffering from TMJ disorder?
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) connect your jawbone to your skull. Pain in this area is often called TMJ disorder or just TMJ or TMD for short.
Your symptoms of TMJ may include…
- Trouble chewing or biting
- Hearing a popping or clicking as you open or close your mouth
- Feeling pain in your face, especially around your jaw
- Suffering frequent headaches, earaches, or lockjaw
If you’re experiencing these symptoms, you may be among the millions who have TMD, also known as TMJ disorder.
At The Winning Smile Dental group, we’re here to do more than just manage your TMJ pain — our goal is to solve your TMJ disorder at the root, ending your pain once and for all.
3 Steps to Treating Your TMJ Pain
- We’ll diagnose your TMJ by listening to your symptoms, taking detailed medical and dental history notes, and examining problem areas. We may also conduct imaging of your mouth and jaw.
- Our team will help you understand what might be causing your TMJ, answering all your questions.
- Together we’ll outline a personalized care plan. From a custom-made mouthguard to Invisalign or bite equilibration and medications — we’ll find the treatment that best fits your needs.
Ask us about at-home TMJ therapy recommendations, which may include:
- Jaw exercises
- Gentle massage of the jaw joints
- Diet changes such as avoiding hard and sticky foods
- Lifestyle changes, such as changing your sleeping position
Our Approach to TMJ Treatments
Your smile can make a difference, but when you’re in pain you might not feel like smiling. We’re here to help resolve your TMJ discomfort and bring back your bright and beautiful smile.
Our experienced dentists and dental hygienists take a conservative yet comprehensive approach to TMJ treatment.
We don’t simply address jaw pain, we want to help treat the root causes of the problem to achieve more dramatic and long-term results.
Our goal is to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy, and pain-free smile through advanced care and a personalized approach.
“TMJ can be the result of a variety of factors, but whatever the cause, we’re here to help!”
Questions? We can help
What causes TMJ?
There may be a variety of underlying causes. The most common reasons for developing TMJ disorder are misaligned teeth or jaw, teeth grinding or clenching, poor posture, and stress.
Does TMJ go away on its own?
Sometimes! If temporary lifestyle factors are causing your jaw pain (like stress or poor posture) then correcting these issues can help TMJ go away on its own. However, if the cause of your TMJ is something more serious, like missing or misaligned teeth or an injury, a dentist’s care is necessary to effectively resolve the issue.
Why is my TMJ worse in the morning?
If you notice your jaw hurts in the morning, it’s likely that you are clenching and grinding your teeth at night. Make sure to talk to your dentist right away. We can get you fit for a custom night guard to ensure a safer, more comfortable night’s sleep.
What’s the best sleeping position for TMJ?
The best sleeping position for those facing TMJ disorder is on your back. This keeps your head and neck properly aligned and also lowers your risk of teeth clenching and grinding.
Our Patients Love
3 locations with flexible scheduling, including mornings, evenings, and Fridays
Relaxing amenities like noise-cancelling headphones, TV, and comfy neck pillows
Our flexible approach to financing, payment options, and insurance plans
Beat TMJ Today! We offer same-day appointments to get you the care you need, fast.
Schedule your appointment.
We go the extra mile for your SMILE!
Living with TMJ can be a challenge. We’ll take the time to get to know you, your pain, and provide a welcoming environment and highly personalized care.
You’ll love our:
- Comfort menu – Complimentary beverages, neck pillows, noise-cancelling headphones, and more
- Customized experience – We’ll work together to understand your needs and health goals
- Commitment to community – We love our community and strive to make a difference though non-profit involvement
– Angela R.
– Kasey G.
– Angie W.
– Mischa C.