It’s not uncommon to have missed a checkup or two — or even more. Here at The Winning Smile Dental Group, I often see patients who haven’t been to the dentist in years. And there’s nothing wrong with that — life happens! It’s my honor to help patients rediscover their dental health.
No matter what happened in the past, the entire team here at The Winning Smile Dental Group is here to welcome you and treat you with care, respect, and compassion. Let’s start right now with some important info about what you should do if you haven’t been to the dentist in years.
Dental health by the numbers
First, it’s important to remember: you’re not alone. A recent ADA survey revealed some interesting facts about how Americans view dental care — and how often they go to the dentist (and why):
- 32% – Scheduled an appointment only because of a toothache or other problem
- 40% – Haven’t been to the dentist in the last year
- 42% – Don’t go to the dentist as often as they’d like
- 75% – Aren’t satisfied with their current dental health
- 85% – Believe oral health is very important to their overall quality of life
So don’t think you’re the only one out there who’s missing appointments and suffering in silence. — you’re not!
There are millions of people just like you. The good news is, you’ve already started to plan your trip to see a dentist. So what should you do next?
Get started now
“I wish I had come to see you sooner.”
That’s what so many of my patients say. They were worried about being judged, painful treatments, or worries about how they would pay for their care. But none of that happens at The Winning Smile Dental Group!
There’s no judging going on here
You can’t do anything to change the past, so why dwell on it? Instead, I help my patients look forward to a time when they’ll have a healthy, happy, and beautiful smile. At your first visit, we’ll talk about:
- Proper brushing and flossing techniques, including the best brush to use
- What you hope to achieve by visiting the dentist. Are you focused on improving the health of your teeth or are cosmetics a concern to you, too?
- What steps we can take to resolve any pain you’re feeling or anything giving you trouble
Your comfort is so important to us
Smiling faces everywhere at The Winning Smile Dental Group
Often, it’s a worry about the possibility of painful treatments or memories of an uncomfortable trip to the dentist in the past that keeps people from scheduling another visit.
But there’s good news! I help my patients feel comfortable and relaxed before starting any treatment. Sometimes this is as simple as clearly explaining what’s going to happen and what they should expect, taking the time to answer any questions. I also like to make sure all of my patients are fully numb before getting started. And in some cases, when patients are extra-nervous or anxious, I offer nitrous oxide or oral sedation to further increase their comfort.
If it’s been a while since your last trip to the dentist, you probably don’t realize how much dental technology has changed. Treatments are so much quicker, easier, and less invasive than they were in the past. Recovery times have gone way down and you’ll be feeling like yourself again in nearly no time at all!
Flexible payment options
Another big cause of dental anxiety is financial worries. Only half as many people have dental insurance compared to medical insurance. This often leads to people putting off visits to the dentist because they’re worried about the cost of their visit.
It’s almost always true that an investment in preventive care will be less expensive than more extensive restorative treatments. You’ll be much better off in the long run if you keep up with your regular dental exams and cleanings.
If you don’t have dental insurance, ask me about our Dental Health Savings Plan. It’s an affordable way for you and your whole family to invest in your dental health, starting at $25 per month. This plan focuses on preventive care and includes:
- Comprehensive exam
- Annual yearly exam
- Emergency exam
- Fluoride treatment
- Bitewing x-rays
- Full-mouth x-rays
Once you’re a member, all of those essential services will cost you $0. You’ll even receive a discount of 15% on all additional treatments at The Winning Smile Dental Group.
How much will you save?
With the savings plan, look at the savings for these common treatments:
- Tooth-Colored Crown – Save $162
- Molar Root Canal – Save $159
- Full Dentures – Save $236
- Implant Placement – Save $240
- Adult Orthodontics – Save $675
What to expect at your appointment
If you’re a new patient, here’s what to expect the first time you walk through the doors at The Winning Smile Dental Group.
- Treat yourself to our patient comfort menu which includes blankets, pillows, noise-canceling headphones, and complimentary beverages
- You’ll start with high-tech dental x-rays, bite analysis and gum disease evaluation
- We’ll talk, get to know each other, and I’ll answer any questions and address any concerns you have
- You’ll get a personalized treatment plan tailored to your own unique dental health needs and goals
This isn’t like any dentist you’ve been to before. Our entire staff wants to go the extra mile for your smile!
Schedule your visit today
No matter how long it’s been since you’ve been to the dentist, you’re welcome at The Winning Smile Dental Group. Our friendly team will take good care of you and show you how easy going to the dentist can be.
Schedule your appointment today.
A native of Yazoo City, Dr. Lee Gary received his degree from Mississippi College and his Doctor of Dental Medicine from The University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry. Dr. Gary is dedicated to not only cosmetic transformations but the overall health and well-being of his patients.